It has been a while (what is new?) but also this post without any stitching photo's. I haven't done much stitching and before I went to my stitching night at Inspired Needle last Tuesday I hadn't picked up a needle in weeks! Again a lot happened in our house. We had a major flooding in th house (twice!!) which resulted in a lot of damage and we had machines everywhere for 2 weeks to dry the place. The second time they discovered it was a major pipe in our front yard causing the problem so this has been repaired! It resulted in moving out last week for a couple of nights while my sister and niece were visiting us from the Netherlands. We went to downtown Chicago. The top photo is real!! We are standing on a glass balcony on top of the Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower). It was v e r y scary but we did it!!!my niece, DD, DH and sister in the hotel!
it was soooo tough for us moving out the house for a few days due to the flooding. DH arranged for us a room at the Hilton Chicago and they gave us the Penthouse Suite!!! :-)))) Sometimes it is very convenient to have DH working for the Hilton! Katrina....do you see what we are playing???? We just had to get Mexican Train after playing it at your house. Guess what? My sister had to buy it as well!



9 comments:
Wow, looks like so much fun! I am so glad you all had such a good time :-).
What a bummer about the flooding! Definitely an advantage to have a DH who works for Hilton! lol! As for that first pic -- eek! You all were very brave to stand there! Glad you all had fun together. Hope you get some stitching in.
I do need to visit the platform at the *Sears* Tower next time I'm in town. Sorry but having spent 16 years living there I'll never get used to calling it something new LOL. The penthouse suite - ahh - this is how the other half lives! Hope to visit the Inspired Needle one of these days too.
What fun! Hope you can get some stitching time in!
HOLY MOLY, Sister Karin ... get off that glass balcony, woman!! That's very cool, but oh-so-scary!!!
Sorry about all the water problems at the house, but it sounds like you had a great time with your sister. And it looks like the girls had a "hair raising" experience on the trampoline! LOL!
Dutchie sure is growing. Pretty puppy.
It will always be the Sears Tower to me. Right behind where you are in the picture is the condo building I lived in for 4 years, and to the right of the picture is the building I worked at for 8 years - brings back memories.
How awesome that you were able to get the Presidential Suite, but I'm sorry that you were forced to stay there because of flooding. I hope things are resolved now!
I can't believe I missed this post!!! Dutchy has grown! What a QT! Your story about having to move out to the city is so cool!!!! How is the basement coming?? Now I have a huge mess at my house. They started the bathroom demolition and it is a big fat mess!!!
Your pics are great! It sure looked like you all had a great family visit- I am so glad! That skydeck picture is amazing! I do not know if I could do that!
Thanks great bblog post
Post a Comment