Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March!

It has been a nice stitching month. I have made progress and did finish a few pieces as well as starting a few new ones LOL! Also went to my LNS and signed up for the Brightneedle classes at the end of April. Something to look forward too!! A whole day of stitching and chatting and I am going to meet Margaret !


Sunday's is Ruth Bacheler Sampler day and this is the update after working on it for 3 Sundays! I am stitching this on 36ct Vintage Navy Bean in DMC
Friday's Katrina and I are having a SAL and this week we started a new one: Miss Lila's Sampler from Barrick Samplers. I am stitching this on 40ct with a converstion in Belle Soie silks Jean at the Attic has done.

Another WIP on which I added a few stitches. It is Needleprint's Mary Peacock done in the conversion by SB.


A finish!!! One of the Friday SAL and it is from Shepherd's Bush called Love Letters. The other finish I will post in my next update as I haven't made a photo yet.
Also a big thank you for your comments and compliments on my stitching!! I really appreciate it!
@Annemarie: yup the plan is to stitch 24 ornaments this year. Actually it isn't as bad as it sounds LOL. I stitch 2 per month and as they are the same it goes really very quick.
@ Jeanne: it is indeed a Jeannete Douglas ornament and you can find it in the 2008 JCS Ornament Issue.
Happy Stitching!
Karin



7 comments:

Miranda said...

Nice work over there. I'm stil stiching....come and see. Greetz

Siobhán said...

ACK! I shouldn't have looked. Every picture is soooo pretty, like eye candy for a stitcher! Your Love Letter is wonderful; can't wait to see how you decide to finish/frame it. Your Mary Peacock and Ruthie are both looking great, too. I gasped when I saw your Miss Lila!! I think I have to order this one! I can't wait to hear all about your BN class with the fabulous Miss Margaret--you guys will have a blast!

Margaret said...

Karin, I'm so looking forward to meeting you in person! It should be lots of fun! I love all your WIPs too. I admire you for your rotation skills! lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Karin, All your pieces are looking lovely. Enjoy your Brightneedle class with Ms. Margaret.

Nicole said...

Beautiful progress on all your wips Karin! Your Love Letters finish is so sweet! I have this one and would love to stitch it one day! :)

Katrina said...

Karin, everything is so pretty! I am absolutely loving our Friday stitchalongs, I get so much done. Our ornament exchange is lots of fun too.

Michelle said...

Oooh, such pretty things! Miss Lila is going to be amazing!!!