Yesterday evening at the stitching night at my LNS Inspired Needle in Lemont, IL I was told I really should update my blog with some finishes! So Patti and Laura here it is!! :-)))

Shepherd's Bush 'Finch Song'

Shepherd's Bush 'My Pins' finished by Deb at Artistic Needle, again she did a great job!

On the left one of the ornamens Katrina made for me (Blackbird Designs) and on the right the freebie from Blackbird Designs again finished by Deb from Artistic Needle.

As I mentioned over the year Katrina and I stitched each 12 different ornaments but the trick was we stitched each one twice! At the end of the year we would give each other the 2nd we stitched so we would end up with 24 (!!!) ornaments!! Here you see the 12 Katrina stitched for me! Deb told me she will send out the last ones to Katrina at the end of the week so she will have another 12 to add to her collection :-))) On the photo you see 11 and the 12th one is the one on the photo above. Aren't they gorgeous??? Thank you so much Katrina!!

Here you see the ornaments on the tree I bought at the R&R retreat in Virginia Beach!!
Next post I will show you the SB pieces Jill Rensell framed for me. Again today I had trouble with the lighting so I really should ask hubby to take them with the professional camera ;-) and I will also show you my WIP's. Currently I am stitching on a needlebook by Blackbird Designs from the retreat we went to and I started Christmas at Hawk Run Hallow. We will have a stitch a long one Sunday a month at Inspired Needle from January 2010 and the plan is to finish one block each month.
Karin
22 comments:
I'm glad your friends told you to update! Wonderful SB finish -- I just love that piece! And the ornaments are wonderful! I love them on your little tree. I need a little tree! Can't wait to see your Jill Rensel framed pieces!
I absolutely love your little ornament tree! I need something like that myself!
All your ornaments are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your recent finishes!
Keep warm!
Hi Karin,
Your stitching is so lovely. You are inspirational. Thank you for following my blog. I really enjoy yours. I also enjoy stitching with you, Laura,and Patti.
Jon Lee
Thanks for sharing! I love the idea for the exchange you did!
What a FABULOUS idea about the stitching the ornaments twice with a friend!! I have to find someone to do that with.
I love finch song too. You did a lovely job, I'm glad that you posted it.
The ornaments are wonderful and I love the tree you've displayed them on. The SB pieces are very sweet.
Yay!!! Your update is awesome as is your stitiching, Karin! Those ornaments are to die for! What keepsakes they are. You are one busy stitchin' girl! See you soon~~~
Oh and thanks for stopping by my blog too!
Gorgeous SB finish and the ornaments are wonderful! I love that you and Katrina kept to the plan to do them. What a nice purchase at the retreat, it's perfect for the ornaments. Post again soon with the framed SB's!
Karin
It was fun meeting you Tuesday night. Your stitching looks great. I went back to the store today for the fabric for CofHRH. I can't wait to get started.
Terry
Wat is je SB mooi geworden! En het uitwisselen van die ornamentjes is erg leuk.
Groetjes Debby
This is really a great update. I love your SB piece, it's one of my favourites. And what a clever idea of an ornament exchange. When I read it I feel tempted to try it myself but then I'm not sure if I'd be able to continue this for a whole year as procrustination always follows me, lol. But you did it. Congratulations.
Karin,
Love the finishes...and all those ornies, you are such a lucky lady!
So sorry to read of your father's passing...God bless you and your family!
HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri
Love Finch Song...it's just gorgeous. Your ornies are fabulous too. Great work!
Just checked your blog today and was glad to see all the ornaments you got. They sure are nice! I love your Finch Song, too. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Okay, now I see what we were talking about at our fab party on Friday night. Wow! I cannot wait to see these in person!!! What fun! I still declare 2010 the year of the ornament (for me). 2009 was your year of the ornament!!!!
Great stitching, Karin. Love the tree. Is the tree "skirt" stitched? Can't wait to see Finch Song framed!
Maybe I'll join in on the Year of the Ornament. It would be quick gratification with little projects.
Karin- just FYI- I posted some of my Chicago pics from the day you were down there as well (a little late, but - oh well). Happy Holidays and have a SAFE trip!
Everything is so pretty, I love all the ornaments on the tree!
Huge congrats on your Finch Song, can't wait to see it framed. We need to get back to our Friday stitchalongs :-). I vote Sarah Salter.
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Karin! Everything is lovely. Safe home! Enjoy The Netherlands. xo
I love your ornaments. I was wondering where you got the patterns for the bird ones and the angel one. They are all so very pretty. I am just getting back into cross stitich after not doing any for years. I thought I was burned out from doing it...but wow...I am hooked all over again.
The ornaments are just so gorgeous! What a great idea you and Katrina came up with! Love it! Happy New Year!
Lovely ornaments--especially the BOAF. I love how you finished them. I've been out of the stitching loop for a while (not sure if you remember me), but I've been trying to find some familiar names now that I'm back stitching. Lovely blog!
Post a Comment