Tuesday, May 05, 2009

News but no stitching!

Surprise, surprise! No it was not a trip we made lately but one we will make.....
Last Friday my husband was offered a new job, an offer to good to say no to. Although it came as a shock as we have only been living here in New Jersey for 15 months and we normally stay for 4 to 6 years. Due to this news I have not done any stitching as my mind was making overtime with thoughts over the upcoming move!!! I have never been to Chicago and it will be exciting to see where we are going to live. My husband starts his job at the end of May and DD and me will follow in the summer.

Karin

16 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Chicago is an amazing city - there are beautiful suburbs, too! Good luck with all the move planning!

Siobhán said...

My mom grew up outside of Chicago, so I know the area fairly well. It is lovely! I'm really excited for you and your family. :)

Margaret said...

Good luck with the whole move. Chicago seems like a nice city -- I bet you'll love it!

Deb said...

You're going to love Chicago. So much to do - a great city! And I think a great guild, Lake Michigan Stitchers, too!

Diana said...

Just happen to read your blog today and see that you are moving to Chicago. I actually live in one of the suburbs west of Chicago and am a member of the Lake Michigan Sampler Guild mentioned above. I think you will like the area. There is lots to do. Being in New Jersey, you are probably use to the cold winters that we have. That gives you more time for stitching. I will be waiting to hear where you are going to move. If you would like more information about the LMSG or cross stitch shops, you can email me at diana.h@comcast.net and I will try to help.

Miranda said...

Good luke and hope you will enjoy it! Greetz

Hazel said...

Oooh exciting news. Hope it goes smoothly for you all. x

Laura said...

HI Karin! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I work in Naperville! I live in a town called Downers Grove which is not far. I would love to bring you to the Inspired Needle when you are here. I need a cross-stitch buddy and would love to show you around the area if you need any help! My email is: duetabode@comcast.net

Let me know if you need anything!

Von said...

What an adventure your life has been!! Good luck with your move and hope you really enjoy the Chicago area. :D

Susan said...

Hi Karin
So you're leaving New York already! From what I've heard Chicargo is a 'happening' place and the stitching guilds active. All the best.

Susan
London, UK
http://cupcakesandthreads.blogspot.com/

Katrina said...

I still can't quite believe it but I am so excited for you all :-).

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Karin - I hope you and your family enjoy living in Chicago as much as I have.

I hope we have the chance to get together before I move to TX, but if not, I'm happy to answer any questions you have about Chicago.

I'm so excited for you!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Karin

Jan said...

Karin, good luck with your re-location! Chicago is a wonderfully entertaining city, and I know you will enjoy living there.

Laura said...

I hope to catch you before you leave.....I will email you my phone number. Hopefully we can connect that way and maybe even go to Inspired Needle next Saturday???!!!

Deb said...

Good luck with your move to Chicago. I love it there! There is so much to do in the city! And what better - you've already found a LNS!