Thursday, October 06, 2005

October already!

It has been a while! I know but I have been very busy with the 'job' as President for the club and there were weeks I was away each day! Also it was very exciting as we bought a house!!! We've always been renting as we live in each country for only a few years. After 17 years we found we needed a place of our own which will always be there for us and which we want to use for holidays and long weekends. We had planned on buying that in France but reality is that due to the fact our parents get older and we both lost a parent recently we need to spend more free time in the Netherlands. So we bought a home there and signed the papers last week. We got the keys on Friday. The weekend was spend buying things and starting the renovations. It doesn't need much work as the house is from 1998 but we like different colours etc. Here you see a photo of our house:



This week I'm recovering from a cold and now hubby is struck with the same! Not a fun thing to live in this household now. Poor DD!! LOL I did pick up my stitching and finished SB Monthly Musing's Leaf and I worked on an UFO! I'll make photos and show those in the next update. The thing I need right now is a finishing day like I used to have with my friend Katrina when we both lived in Belgium. We managed to get things done then! Now it seems those finished pieces of stitching end up in a drawer!

October is here and for me it is a special month...there is my birthday this coming Sunday. It means I can make those birthday orders with not feeling guilty for spending much as I will get a nice discount :-)))))

Karin

5 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Karin you have a beautiful home
Best wishes

Mercedes said...

Oh, My, your home is like a house in a tale. I looooove the place.
Happy Birthday for y our next Birthday!!!

Casa Pearl said...

Congratulations on your new home Karin, it's adorable! Good luck with your finishing.

Anonymous said...

Karin your house is quite simply splendid, the framework is hydillic, it is paradisiac, what a good moments you will pass..I envy you..profites in good! Karine as Katele

Karin said...

Thank you all for your comments. It is such a strange and luxurious feeling to have a 2nd home in a different country you're living in. Also it is strange to be able to live for a while in my native country after being 17 years abroad, even if is only for holidays.

Vero, such a shame we never managed to meet up whilst you were in Dublin!! Hope to see you next year again at one of the classes in London?!

Louise, I'm sorry to say there is nil, noppes, nada here in Ireland stiching wise. The only thing you might find is beads (there is a nice shop near the river Liffey) and cross stitching magazines (great shop is Eason at O'Connell Street to find them). If there is anything else you might want to know let me know!!!