Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A few more finishes!!


First of all I want to thank you all for the wonderful comments on my previous post. I was excited to see all of you leaving messages after I had been absent for a while!

I guess I have to show you 2 more finishes for this year! They are pictured with the frames I picked for them but they are now at the framers to get properly framed LOL

This is a Jardin du Prive design: Quaker a l'oiseau which I stitched on Pearled Barley with Belle Soie Noir and Eiffel Tower. Those colors are my favourite now so you will see more finishes in the future with these colors!
The other is one Shepherd's Bush 'Lucky Sheep'. Just in time for my St. Patrick's Day display.

I am so saddened with the loss of Lisa Roswell, our Sampler Sister. She will be so missed.....I will stitch this one Lisa designed for our group in honor of her and cherish the couple of Round Robins I have been in with her over the years.

Karin

14 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your finishes are lovely, Karin!

I remember Lisa from the Birthday Buddies board - I hadn't been around much on the boards since that one disbanded, and I had no idea that Lisa of Primitive Needle was the same Lisa as from the buddies.

She will definitely be missed.

Laura said...

I remain deeply saddened by Lisa's death. There are no words really. I pray for strength for her family.

We are so lucky to be friends and be able to stitch together. I am also lucky as I get to see your projects in person! They are fab!

I started on the BBD free Eiffel Tower tonight. Lots of fun!

Laurie in Iowa said...

You picked nice frames for your wonderful finishes Karin.
Lisa will be missed by so many people. I don't think she realized how many lives she touched.

Siobhán said...

Lovely finishes, Karin! Great choices in the frames.

Lisa was a wonderful person and friend. I will always miss her.

Margaret said...

Great finishes and lovely frames too! I will miss Lisa as well.

Erica said...

Lovely stitching!
I love the colors in Quaker a l'oiseau also!

Nancy said...

Wow! You've been a busy, busy Dutch Girl! I love the lucky sheep.

Natalia said...

Hello stranger !!! So glad to see you back :-) I love the finishes.... Lucky is so cute !!
So sad about Lisa. I can't get her off my mind. I keep thinking of how terrified she must have been. Such a tragic loss.

Michelle said...

Beautiful finishes. The frames you've chosen for them are perfect. And Lisa will be truly missed, she was an amazing person and dear friend.

Loraine said...

What darling finishes. I like your frames!
Lisa will really be missed. I like the sampler you will stitch in her memory. It's one of my favorites.

Nicole said...

Adorable finishes Karin. Lisa will definitely be missed. I hope to stitch along with you all soon.

Patti said...

What a wonderful idea as a tribute to Lisa... I love your pieces- they are so pretty and I especially love that I get to see them in person. I will finish Lucky tonight - so cute and perfect for the month! Have a good day and see you Tues.

Anonymous said...

Very touching tribute, Karin. And, as usual, your pieces are inspirational!
Linda C.

Karoline said...

Lovely finishes Karin, congratulations.

I like your idea for a tribute to Lisa, such a sad loss