Tuesday, September 06, 2005

September already!


I know, I know it has been a while. I try to be better :-) When I decided to start my own blog I saw Ashleigh her new blog page. I jumped at the idea of getting it professionally done instead of me struggling. Thanks to Lisa of Design-A-Blog I've got this wonderful blog!! Thank you again for all your work, Lisa!!! Today my DD went back to school after a long summer break. Schools finish here in June and start again in September!!
This summer I haven't done much stitching at all and it was only the day before yesterday I picked up a needle again. I decided to do something about the many UFO's & WIP's I have and stitched a bit on a Prairie Schooler design. I do hope to show you a finished photo soon!! In the meantime I show you a photo of a beautiful spot in the north of Ireland.

I really need a motivation to get going again and maybe now DD is back in school it might come back. LOL Although I will be very, very busy from next week onwards as my new duty will start. In June I was elected President of the International Women's Club of Dublin and this will keep me busy!! Over the summer we had some meetings with my committee to get everything rolling and organizing some events for September. We have 250 members from almost 40 different countries who live in Ireland. Most of them are in the same boat as us, meaning staying here for only a couple of years. Our goal is to welcome and assist newcomers and their families to Ireland and to further members' knowledge and understanding of Ireland. Beside these goals it is also a social club with lots of activities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin, what a fun blog, I can't wait to see what you add to it!

Hugs,
Katrina

cathymk said...

It's a lovely design! I really must have a look at getting a new look.